COVID-19 Protocols & Response
At Aspen Whitewater we are monitoring recommendations and mandates set by local, state, and federal agencies. Our number one priority is the safety of our guests and staff. As life continues to come back to Aspen, we have adjusted our practices and policies to maintain relevant safety protocols. As such, you can find below an outline of the protocols we will continue to implement for our guests and staff in our community.
For Our Guests:
- No contact check-in for guests when possible; waivers are available online.
- When possible, guests will meet close to put-in’s in order to minimize time in company vehicles.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the vehicles, retail areas, and in restrooms.
- Guests will be required to wear face coverings in vehicles (Neck Gaiters, Bandanas, Buffs, Masks)
- Decrease in trip sizes to allow for social distancing measures. Cohabitating families will be put in their own boat when possible. We will maintain social distancing to the best of our ability for shared boats, which will still be no more than 2 cohabitation parties.
For Our Employees:
- Daily symptom screenings including temperature readings and visual assessment.
- Guides will maintain a 6-foot distance in an outside environment.
- Frequent hand washing throughout the day with access to hand sanitizer.
- Windows will remain open during transport.
Regarding Cleaning and Sanitizing:
- All cleaning and sanitizing will be done using procedures and products verified by the CDC.
- Hand sanitizer will be available where hand washing may not be.