Be a Raft Guide
Thank you for contacting us about the possibility of becoming one of our river guides for the up coming season. We are a small, tight-knit organization whose philosophy is for the employees to have as much fun rafting as the clients. We strive for all employees to be proficient in all aspects of the company’s operations. This allows the company to be run entirely by raft guides.
Being a raft guide is not an easy job and comes with much responsibility. However, for the right individual it can be a very fun and rewarding experience.
Here are some important facts you will need to know:
- Please attach your current resume to the application below and hit send.
Will be set up when we receive the attached application and a resume.
- No experience is necessary. Our on-river training is designed to teach you the basics of guiding a boat and gives us the opportunity to see you in the environment that you may be working in.
- We are looking for a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, the ability to listen, follow instructions and be a team player. We are not looking to see how much of an expert you can become with a few days of instruction.
- NEW GUIDE TRAINING: May 15th – JUNE 11th.
Please note that training will not be held every day during this 4-week period. The goal is to provide you with a minimum of 50 hours of on-river experience by a guide-instructor. First Aid and CPR are also required and we will set up a class during our training period. Again, you do not have to be an expert when you show up, but you must be willing to learn and we want to see a positive progression. At the end of the 50 hours of training (if we feel you are ready) each guide must complete a checkout trip. This trip is with paying clients, a guide-instructor and must be a flawless run from start to finish. These are the minimum guide qualifications required by the state of Colorado.
- THE COST OF NEW GUIDE TRAINING: $350.00
Payable to hold your spot in our training clinic.
Please feel free to contact us if you need more information.
We look forward to seeing you at our hiring clinic in May.
Jim Ingram & Dan Leuschel